Submissions for the 2019 NECBAC Book Scholarship application are now being accepted until July 31, 2019.
The Northeast Consortium Bridging Access to College (NECBAC )is a chartered, non-profit organization of professional admission representatives of color that are affiliated with four-year private colleges and universities mostly in New England. Dedicated to promoting enrollment and retention to students of color, NECBAC is awarding book scholarships to eligible students of color, graduating from a high school in the Northeast, and who will be enrolling full-time to a NECBAC member institution. In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit an official application, essay, and an official or unofficial high school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for the scholarship here.
List of NECBAC Colleges can be found at: https://necbac.org/about-necbac/institutions/
General Scholarship Search Engines for Everyone
- College Funds. Net: www.collegefunds.net
- Fastweb: www.fastweb.com
- Princeton Review: www.princetonreview.com
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search: salliemae.com
Scholarship Search Engines & Sites Specifically for Minority Students
- Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino Students: www.bestcolleges.com
- United Negro College Fund (UNFC): www.uncf.org
- Black Excel Scholarship Gateways: www.blackexcel.org
- Financial Aid Guide for Minority Students: http://www.onlineschools.org/financial-aid/minority/
- College Resource Network: www.collegeresourcenetwork.com
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: www.latinocollegedollars.org
- ALANA Scholarship
Scholarship Guide for Undocumented Students
- Educators For Fair Consideration (E4FC): e4fc.org
- Coca-Cola Scholars Program Scholarship: www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/applicants/#programs
- Application available August 1. Deadline: October 31.
- Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund: www.thurgoodmarshallfund.net
- Application available: February. Deadline: May. Check website for details.
- Elks Most Valuable Students Scholarship: www.elks.org
- Check website for details.
- Ron Brown Scholar Program: www.ronbrown.org
- (For African American high school seniors) Two deadlines: November 1 for Early Applicants and January 9 Regular Applicants.
- Herbert Lehman Scholarships for African American Students: www.naacpldf.org
- Application available: November 1. Deadline: March 31.
- APIASF Scholarship Program: www.apiasf.org
- (For Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders) Application available: September 2. Deadline: January 9.
- John F. Kennedy Essay Contest: www.jfklibrary.org
- Application available: September 1. Deadline: January 5.
- DuPont Science Essay Challenge: thechallenge.dupont.com
- Application available: November 15. Deadline: January 31.
- The Milton Fisher Scholarship for Innovation and Creativity: www.rbffoundation.org
- Application available: January 1. Deadline: April 30.
- Fairfield County Community Foundation Scholarships:www.fccfoundation.org
- Application Deadline for Current High School Students: March 31.
- Application Deadline for Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students: April 30.
Understanding Financial Aid:
- Scholarship Help and Advice Center: www.mycollegescholarship.org
- Federal Student Aid: studentaid.ed.gov
- Collegeboard: bigfuture.collegeboard.org
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid: www.finaid.org